Wednesday 3 December 2008

Greetings from Paris

Hello from Paris. Foreboding skies have done little to quell our sense of adventure and intrigue both culturally and gastronomically. There is much to follow when we return next week but until then we must onward to Sacre Coeur, Montmarte, the Latin Quarter and a multitude of other places each equally exciting and promising stories to delight and amuse.

Stinky St. Felicien, odd boudin noirs, Laduree macaroons, much cheap wine, tasty rillettes, goose cassoulet, brochette d'onglet and beacoup du pain (bread, not physcial hurt) have been sampled thus far. Stay tuned for much, much more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing all about it. I loved the rose and lychee macaroons from Laduree and also the most wicked Apple butter pastries from Poilane. I'm jealous Alex!

Chocolate Shavings said...

I am off to Paris in a few days (my hometown) and just reading you list some of its best foods makes me want to be back right away. I hope you enjoyed it, and if you ever need some food-advice about the city, I may be able to help!

Just Cook It said...

Syrie - Thank you. The macaroons were rather special, more on those to come.

Chocolate Shavings - Gah, only saw your message after we got back. But I will definitely get some advice for next time.